I was able to get this customers email with outlook and quickbooks working.
This worked when nothing else worked.
- Open Internet Explorer – Click the Gear on the top Right. Under the X.
- Click Internet Options.
- Click the “Programs Tab”.
- Click “Set Programs”
- New Window will Pop Up. Click “Set Your Default Programs”
- Outlook was already set as default email program. So I scrolled down and clicked “Reset”
- Click the + sign under email and changed it to Outlook. Also changed the web browser to Chrome.
- Closed out of the 2 new windows and went back to the Internet Explorer’s Internet Options.
- Under the program tab click “Manage add-ons”
- Click “Accelerators” on the left.
- Click “Email with Windows Live”, then click Disable on the bottom.
All the below were tried without success:
- Making sure Outlook was set to default.
- Repairing Office 2019.
- Online Repair of Office 2019.
- Reinstalling Office 2019.
- Reinstalling a 32 bit version of Office 2019.
- Uninstalling Office 2019 and installing Office 2016.
- Uninstalling Office 2016 and installing Office 2021.
- Repairing Quickbooks.
- Reinstalling Quickbooks.
- Updating Quickbooks.
- Updating the WIN.ini file.
- Updating Registry.
I tried everything in the book, and nothing worked. This seemed to do it. Also, my Quickbooks is 32 bit and my Office is 2021 64 bit. I am running QuickBooks Pro 2022 on Windows 10. This was working with my Office 2019 64 bit as well before “Email with Windows Live” screwed it up.